Are There Treatments For Fussy Eating Habits?
Are you experiencing a child with fussy eating habits? The good news is that there are treatments for fussy eating! Many people think that fussy eating is just a phase which will pass. However, the long term effects of fussy eating can be detrimental to your child’s health and development. Read on below to discover the dangers of fussy eating habits, how to overcome them and who to turn to.
The Dangers Of Fussy Eating Habits
- A Lack Of Nutrition: due to their picky eating, children may develop malnutrition. This is something parents need to be aware of and look out for.
- Poor Growth: Due to your child not getting the correct amount of food and nutrients per day, they may show signs of poor growth and development.
- Underweight: a common side effect of fussy eating is becoming underweight. Due to children avoiding certain foods and missing out on various nutrients, they may become underweight.
- Overweight: believe it or not, your child can also go the other way and become over weight. Due to a lack of diversity in their diet at an early age, and an afflicted relationship with fruits and vegetables, your child may go on to favour fast foods later in life.
Seeking Treatments For Fussy Eating
Picky eating is often treated by both occupational therapists and speech therapists. If you’re looking for a treatment for a fussy eater in your family, then look no further. Speech Bubble is here to help. There are a few key things that will indicate your child is in need of professional help when it comes to fussy eating:
- If your child expresses a huge unwillingness to try new foods. Some children may even express a dislike of having the foods on their plate.
- If your child shows distress about food.
- If a child begins to develop aversions to food they used to love before.
If you feel your child is in need of treatment for fussy eating, be sure to get in touch with the Speech Bubble team. We will help you through this process.